[R-G] Latest Healthcare Reform Actions :)

james m nordlund realiteee1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 19:59:10 MST 2009

These Actions, on Change.org, the url    :)
Healthcare Reform Actions   :)
http://healthcare.change.org/actions/view/healthcare_reform_actions
http://www.change.org/profile/189788/actions

Call Pelosi right now and demand single-payer   :)
It's working! The calls our members are making to their representatives are putting us closer than ever to a historic House vote on health care for all   :)
Demand a vote on single-payer!
Now we need you to turn up the pressure by calling the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi at (202) 225-0100.
Call now and tell her that you support health care for all, and that the single-payer bill must be on the table! Tell her to allow a vote on Rep. Anthony Weiner's (D-N.Y.) single-payer amendment to the health care bill.
Nothing else in the health care reform bill before the House will end the domination of the insurance industry and the profiteering in health care. And nothing else in the bill will make sure that every single one of the more than 45 million uninsured will receive quality health care.
Call the Office of the Speaker now at (202) 225-0100 and demand a vote on the Weiner Amendment on single-payer! The decision is being made now, so please call this morning!
By eliminating the private health insurance industry and its administrative costs, a single-payer system would save $400 billion a year - enough to provide everyone with high-quality health care.
Call (202) 225-0100 and tell the Speaker that you demand a vote on Rep. Weiner's single-payer amendment. After you call, please email us at action at citizen.org.
Call volume may be high, and it may be difficult to get through. Please be patient. As an alternative, you can submit your comments in the form on the House Speaker's Web page.
http://speaker.house.gov/contact/
Thank you for all you do!
Rick, Angela and Glenn
Your advocates at Public Citizen
action at citizen.org
P.S. - CLICK HERE to learn more about single-payer health care.
http://action.citizen.org/t/6693/content.jsp?content_KEY=5220
To learn more about real financial accountability and security, visit http://action.citizen.org/t/5489/content.jsp?content_KEY=5981.
If this message was forwarded to you, sign up to receive action alerts from Public Citizen at http://action.citizen.org/signUp.jsp.
Support our work: https://secure.citizen.org/p/10076/?track=w10singlepayer1103.
Sign up for the Public Citizen Action Network or other online announcements.
Join the Public Citizen Action Network | Support Us | Take Action | Copyright 2009 Public Citizen

Urgent: an outrageous action, we must respond   :)
Catholic bishops are doing all they can to force anti-choice amendments into the health care reform bill - and they're instructing their congregations to help them.
Stand up for women's health and tell your senators and representative to reject this dangerous effort from the Catholic bishops.
http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/hcr09ccbr_af/xkwgn62477im677?qp_source=hcr09ccbr%5fe1%5faf
A few days ago, it felt as if we were holding strong in achieving health care reform that would finally ensure comprehensive coverage for everyone. As the legislation began moving closer to a vote, I knew that our job holding on to our reproductive health victories would be hard ... and then I received a copy of a memo that the Catholic bishops sent to their congregations.
As I write this, the bishops have asked all the Catholics in the country to contact their legislators, asking them to alter current health care legislation to include anti-choice amendments. The bishops have inserted letters into church bulletins and asked priests to include their call to action in their sermons - and even in their prayers - during Sunday services.
It's clear that every group opposed to a woman's right to choose is pulling out all the stops this week to bring all the progress we've made on health care reform to a grinding halt. The results could be devastating to everyone who desperately needs health care, including the women, men, and teens that Planned Parenthood serves. Once again, we urgently need your help.
First, please contact your senators and representative right now,
http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/hcr09ccbr_af/xkwgn62477im677?qp_source=hcr09ccbr%5fe1%5faf
asking them to protect women, to protect our health care, to protect our rights and not cave to the vocal minority. I know that you've likely e-mailed and called before, and I'm asking you to do it again today - and it won't be the last time. Thank you for not letting up.
Second, spread the word. I truly believe that if people know what the bishops and other groups are doing, they will be outraged, and they will speak up. Drowning them out won't be easy, but your action today will help.
One thing I know for sure - the bishops don't speak for all Catholics. From one Catholic Planned Parenthood supporter: What bothers me most is this: Millions of people are uninsured and hundreds of thousands die every year as a result. And, to see my church sacrifice health care reform for the sake of this one issue is just going too far. They don't represent me, and they don't represent my beliefs. I'm speaking out, and I'm asking my Catholic friends and family to do the same.
If you're Catholic and you disagree with the bishops, please let your legislators know when you send your message.
http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/hcr09ccbr_af/xkwgn62477im677?qp_source=hcr09ccbr%5fe1%5faf
our voice as a pro-choice Catholic needs to be heard NOW.
We are so close, james m. In my lifetime, we've never been closer to expanding access to affordable health care for everyone. I don't think we'll get another chance, and we've got to do everything we can not to let it slip away. Rest assured, Planned Parenthood is doing all we can. Every time a group tries to limit the care and rights of women and their families, we will be here for them. And we know that you, too, will be right here with us. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Cecile Richards, President

http://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/
Planned Parenthood Action Fund P.S. As usual, this fight doesn't come cheap. It's taxing every cent of our resources. If you can help with your financial support, we'll be so very grateful. Thank you. visit plannedparenthoodaction.org

Don't Stop Calling for Single-Payer   :)
Call Nancy Pelosi Today!
Ask ask her to keep her promise to allow a vote on single-payer in the House, and to keep the Kucinich Amendment.
Dear Healthcare-NOW! Supporter:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi is breaking her promise to allow House votes on two single-payer amendments to the House healthcare bill.
One, by Rep. Dennis Kucinich, will allow states to implement single-payer systems. The other, by Rep. Anthony Weiner, would create a national single-payer system.
We need your voice to get these amendments back on the table.
Let's get calls into the democratic leadership that is calling the shots and make sure they know that we expect the vote on single-payer this fall.
-Speaker Nancy Pelosi: DC (202) 225.4965 - SF (415) 556.4862
-Rep. George Miller: DC (202) 225.2095 - Concord (925) 602.1880
-Rep. Henry Waxman: DC (202) 225.3976 - LA (323) 651.1040
The message is simple: Keep the Kucinich Amendment to allow states to pass single-payer, and to allow Rep. Anthony Weiner introduce his single-payer amendment!
Thanks for all that you do,
Healthcare-NOW! National Staff
P.S. We need your support. Please donate today.
Healthcare-NOW! survives on the generosity of our supporters. Please consider making a donation to support our efforts to pass HR 676 using our secure server.
http://www.healthcare-now.org/
- Follow us on -
339 Lafayette St. | New York, NY 10012 US

The nightmare scenario   :)
Dear MoveOn member,
Here's the nightmare scenario: It's December. After a year of non-stop work by progressives and President Obama to pass real health care reform, the House has passed a strong bill. It's time for the Senate to vote.
But the vote never happens—because one Democratic senator joins Republicans to filibuster and block a vote. 2009 becomes just another year when health care reform failed.
If someone decided to take on that senator in the Democratic primary afterwards, would you chip in to help the challenger? I know I would.
Here's the thing: If thousands of us make it clear we'd do the same, and Democratic senators know it, we might just be able to keep this nightmare scenario from ever coming to pass.
That's why, today, we're launching the Health Care Accountability Pledge. Everyone says how much they'd contribute, we publicize the amount, and anyone thinking of running a primary challenge against a Democrat who blocks a vote on health care reform knows how much support they'd have right off the bat. You don't have to enter your credit card info. Just click on an amount below to pledge:
Pledge $25
Pledge $50
Pledge $100
Pledge $200
Pledge another amount
Here's how it will work: You tell us how much you'd give. Then, we make sure the media, Senate leadership, and conservative Democrats know just how many of us are willing to support a challenge against anyone who blocks reform. Hopefully, none of them actually do it, and health care gets an up-or-down vote.
But if the nightmare scenario happens, we'll encourage viable primary challengers to come forward, and if they do, make sure all of us who've pledged have a chance to support them. In other words, potential primary challengers will know there's a huge group of Americans who are ready to help. And conservative members of the Democratic Caucus will too.
This is not something to take lightly. Primary challenges happen once in a blue moon, generally when a candidate is terribly out of step with voters in their party. But if a Democratic senator helps block the most important progressive bill in a generation, voters in their state will be looking to support someone better.
Will you let us know how much you'd pledge right now, and ask all your friends who want health care reform to do the same?
http://pol.moveon.org/hc_fund/survey.html?t=2&id=17770-1718406-OcWZ0Yx&t=7
Thanks for all you do.
–Justin, Daniel, Marika, Kat, and the rest of the team
http://www.moveon.org/
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/ . Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

UPDATE: Stop Joe Lieberman   :)
It's completely outrageous. Over the weekend, Joe Lieberman said that it would be better to do nothing than to pass a health care bill that included a public option.
Lieberman enjoys a number of privileges bestowed upon him by the Democratic leadership in the Senate. They need to make it crystal clear to Joe Lieberman that his actions have consequences and that if he tries to sink health care reform by filibustering the public option, he'll lose his committee chairmanship. The same ought to go for any senator who filibusters the public option.
On Wednesday, CREDO is joining with some of our progressive allies to deliver that message to the Senate. Already, over 116,690 people have joined you in signing our petition calling on the Senate Democratic leadership to strip any senator who filibusters the public option of his or her committee chairmanship. We want to deliver as many signatures as we can. Can you help us reach 125,00 signatures by Wednesday by spreading the word?
You can send an e-mail to your friends and family by clicking here or by forwarding the e-mail below.
Thank you for fighting for health care reform.
Matt Lockshin, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action
P.S. You can go directly to our petition to President Obama by clicking here.
Actions must have consequences.
Your message to the Senate Democratic leadership:
Any senator who filibusters the public option does not deserve a chairmanship and should be removed from his or her post.
The Senate Democratic leadership needs to stand up to Lieberman.
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/lieberman_po/?rc=chaser&r=4994&id=6556-585348-ei1tS6x
We all knew this was coming. We warned the Senate Democrats not to trust Sen. Joe Lieberman. Nearly 50,000 CREDO members protested when Democrats moved to make Lieberman the Chairman of the Homeland Security Committee. Now, our fears have have been realized. Sen. Lieberman has indicated he plans to join with Republicans to filibuster any health care bill that contains a public option. Alone, the Republicans don't have the votes for a filibuster. So by joining with them, Lieberman would be tipping the balance of power in order to sink health care reform.
Tell the Senate Democratic leadership to stop putting up with Lieberman's antics. Actions must have consequences. Any senator who filibusters the public option does not deserve a chairmanship and should be removed from his or her post. Click here to add your name to the petition.
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/lieberman_po/?rc=chaser&r=4994&id=6556-585348-ei1tS6x
We need to push the leaders of the Democratic caucus to take a tough stand against Lieberman. Last year, the New York Times quoted an anonymous "member of the Senate Democratic leadership" who said about Lieberman:
"We need every vote. He's with us on everything but the war."
Those who had been paying attention knew better. Lieberman wasn't just wrong on Iraq, he was wrong on torture, and he was wrong to not hold the Bush Administration accountable for the excesses of FISA. And now Lieberman is wrong, very wrong on health care reform and the public option.
Joe Lieberman announced this week that he will vote to filibuster any health care bill that contains the public option. As he explained:
"Just take this government-created, government-run health insurance company that will cost the taxpayers, premium payers and the debt a lot of money - take it off the table." He added, "We can come back in three or four years if the reforms - the other reforms we adopt are not working. But I think they will. And so, that's - that's my position, and I'm sticking to it, because I think it's best for our country and my constituents."
Cost the taxpayers? The public option SAVES money (over $100 billion) according to the Congressional Budget Office. Best for his constituents? Among likely voters in Connecticut, 68 percent favor a public option versus 21 percent who oppose it. Perhaps he only counts the insurance lobby as his "constituents"?
Now is the time for the Senate Democratic leadership - Senators Reid, Schumer and Durbin - to stop making excuses for Joe Lieberman. Harry Reid has shown great leadership in writing a health care bill that includes the public option. But Joe Lieberman is not "with us" on everything but the war. Joe Lieberman's position is against Senate Democrats, against his constituents in Connecticut and against the will of the American public.
Tell the Senate Democratic leadership to stop putting up with Lieberman's antics. Actions must have consequences. Any senator who filibusters the public option does not deserve a chairmanship and should be removed from his or her post. Click here to add your name to the petition.
Thank you for working to secure real health care reform.
Matt Lockshin, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets

URGENT: Tell Rep. Pomeroy to support a robust public option   :)
Urgent: A robust public option is on the line.
Call your Rep. today: 202-225-2611
Tell Rep. Pomeroy to support a robust, "Medicare plus five percent" public option: 202-225-2611.
We are at a very important crossroad in the fight for a public health insurance option. According to multiple news sources, Speaker Nancy Pelosi is on the cusp of deciding what type of public health insurance option to include in the bill she will bring to the floor of the House. Our allies on Capitol Hill have told us that the decision will most likely be made in the next few days.
Approximately two hundred Democrats have said they will support the version of the public option supported by the Progressive Caucus, which would reimburse doctors at Medicare rates plus five percent. If fifteen House Democrats come out in favor of that version — called a "robust" or "Medicare plus five percent" public option — it's likely to make it into the bill. Otherwise, we might see a considerably weaker version of the public option passed by the House.
Your member of Congress, Rep. Pomeroy is, according to our sources, one of the Democratic Representatives who have said that they will NOT support a strong public option. It's vital that you call him today and tell him to support a robust, "Medicare plus five percent" public option.
You are represented by Rep. Earl Pomeroy whose number is: 202-225-2611.
If a robust public option makes it into the House bill, it will provide a strong counter-weight to the Senate bill, which is expected to have a much weaker version of the public option. The House and Senate bills will be combined into one bill that makes it to the president's desk, so the stronger the House bill, the better the chance that the final bill sent to President Obama will contain strong public option provisions.
We can win this fight, but the clock is ticking. Speaker Pelosi will reportedly make her decision in the next few days. So we need you to call Rep. Pomeroy today.
Thank you for working to secure real health care reform.
Matt Lockshin, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets
P.S. If you want more background about this issue, you can read this good summary at the blog OpenLeft.
http://www.openleft.com/diary/15717/house-still-short-for-medicare-5-but-within-striking-distance
Did you know CREDO has a Facebook page?
Click here to check it out! © 2009 CREDO. All rights reserved.
Get action alerts on your mobile phone! Click here to join CREDO Mobile Action; we'll text you on important issues when your voice is urgently needed in Congress.
from CREDO / Working Assets
http://www.credoaction.com/

Also, no trigger, because, in fact, triggers usually don't get pulled.  As well, please, advocate for singlepayer healthcare, with Community First Choice Option and CLASS Act (Community Choice Act for the handicapped, elderly, autistic, disabled, etc.); H.R. 676 & S. 703, are the best of the lot, so far; i.m.h.o..
Related group and actions   :)
http://www.singlepayeraction.org//join.html