[R-G] Green Party: 2008 is a pivotal year for the Green Party

james m nordlund realiteee1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 23:30:42 MDT 2007

2008 is a pivotal year for the Green Party
Support Green Party Programs to Challenge the Corporate Duopoly
Dear james m:

2008 is a pivotal year for the Green Party. In this time of global
warming,
war and social injustice the Green Party is the only reasonable
alternative
to challenge the corporate duopoly. The entire world is holding its breath

hoping that the people of the United States will do the right thing. The
people of the United States will not be able to do the right thing if the
Green Party fails to establish 51 ballot lines or if it fails to nominate
presidential ticket that can garner at least the 5% of the vote required
by
the Federal Election Commission to grant the Green Party funding in the
following 2012 election.

With the passage of the Green National Committee Proposal 305 the "We Will

Run Resolution", the Green Party will work to maximize the number of
ballot
lines on which our nominees will appear. The Green Party will be
conducting
a contested presidential nomination process and we will be nominating a
presidential ticket at our 2008 convention to be held in Chicago on July
10-13.

Almost all states require that the Green Party Presidential Candidate
receive 5% of the vote to retain ballot status. Without ballot status it
is
difficult to for Green Party candidates to run and win public office.
Steps
to gaining ballot status vary from state to state. In Arizona, we are
required to turn in signatures for 1.33% of the number of people voting in

the 2006 election - that number is around 21,000 and for insurance we plan

to gather 25-30,000 signatures. Running a candidate that can save us from
having to do this again next time will be a huge victory for the Arizona
Green Party.

The Green Party does not accept money from corporations. We only accept
donations from individuals. If we are to succeed in establishing 51 ballot

lines for our presidential ticket we need money. Will you help us today by

making a contribution? Your contribution will be applied to the Green
Party
general fund that keeps the party alive and functioning. By contributing
now
you will be insuring the continued existence of the Green Party and
helping
us with our many programs to expand and grow the party including efforts
gain ballot access.

Please consider becoming a Green Party Sustainer(see link below).  Your
monthly or quarterly contribution will ensure a powerful and progressive
Green Party now and into the future. Not only will you have the
satisfaction
of knowing that you are helping build America's only truly progressive
non-corporate party, but you'll also receive our exclusive Green Party
Sustainer (see link below) pin and a subscription to our quarterly
newspaper
Green Pages.

Please consider a contribution of $25, $20 or $15 per month so that we can

lay the foundation for a successful 2008.

Will you please help us out today?

Donate to the Green Party of the United States
https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=1706

Email:
office at gp.org

Office:
PO Box 57065 Washington, D.C. 20037
202-319-7191 or toll-free (US): 866-41GREEN

office at gp.org

Office: