[Marxism] Breaking-Light-Speed l?

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Sep 24 10:06:27 MDT 2011

On 9/24/11 11:56 AM, DW wrote:
> A *large* section of the Soviet academy *rejected* some of Einsteinium
> physics. They would have conferences organized with papers *against* E=MC2.

i read a very interesting book on this some years ago, i have my notes
around somewhere. "Einstein and Soviet Ideology" by Alexander Vucinich:

   http://books.google.com/books?id=f_-lAYZzP1UC&pg=PR7

tho Vucinich struck me as almost rabidly anti-communist or at least
anti-stalin, to me his book portrayed a soviet scientific system that
effectively resisted Stalin's machinations and flourished in spite of
imprisonments and all that.

highly recommended for a view of science in the soviet union in a
critical period.

Les