[Marxism] Stop the Execution of Troy Davis -- innocent man on death row -- Georgia

Bonnie Weinstein giobon at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 17:12:20 MDT 2011

Please feel free to forward....

I just received this letter from Troy in the mail and wanted to share
it with everybody in it’s entirety. At first I wondered why the
penmanship was sort of scrawled.  Then I read his note and I
understood. He had to write it using the inside of a pen. They have
taken everything from him except his eyeglasses.
Yet his call to action is strong and mighty.

Marlene Martin
Campaign to End the Death Penalty (CEDP)
For more info on Troy and on the Global day of action go to our
website at www.nodeathpenalty.org

Hello Marlene,
I received your letter. However they took all of my mail, address
book and the only property I have is my eyeglasses.  I’m writing with
the filter of a pen because I’m not allowed the entire pen. With all
these security rules they only allowed me to write down your
address.  I don’t remember everything you said in your letter but I
wanted to thank you, your family and CEDP for everything.

It is time for action so please encourage everyone to reach out to
politicians, ministers, and grassroots organizations to contact the
Georgia Board of Pardons and Parole and Governor to grant me relief
and stop this scheduled execution.  Get involved in this movement to
put an end to the death penalty.  Come to Georgia and take a stand
for Justice. Let them know I’m blessed and my faith in God is
stronger than ever.  Now we have a chance to join together and be
heard loud and clear that Georgia needs to stop this execution of an
innocent man and end the death penalty all together.

Excuse my writing but its hard using the funnel only.

God bless you and keep up the great work you’re doing.

Sincerely

Troy Davis

URGENT! ACT NOW!

TROY DAVIS IS TO BE EXECUTED ON MIDNIGHT, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011!
http://www.naacp.org/content/main

We've just received terrible news: The state of Georgia has set Troy
Davis's execution date for midnight on September 21st, just two weeks
from today.

This is our justice system at its very worst, and we are alive to
witness it. There is just too much doubt.

Even though seven out of nine witnesses have recanted their
statements, a judge labeled his own ruling as "not ironclad" and the
original prosecutor has voiced reservations about Davis's guilt, the
state of Georgia is set to execute Troy anyway.

Time is running out, and this is truly Troy's last chance for life.

But through the frustration and the tears, there is one thing to
remain focused on: We are now Troy Davis's only hope. And I know we
won't let him down.

There are three steps you can take to help Troy:

1. Send a message of support to Troy as he fights for justice on what
may be the final days of his life:

http://action.naacp.org/LettersOfSupport

2. Sign the name wall, if you haven't already. And if you have, send
it to your friends and family. Each name means a more united front
for justice:

http://action.naacp.org/Name-Wall

3. Make sure everyone knows about this injustice. Spread the word on
Facebook and Twitter (using the hashtag #TooMuchDoubt) so that Troy
Davis's story can be heard. We still have a chance to save his life,
but only if people are willing to speak out against injustice.

Today, the state of Georgia has declared their intention to execute a
man even though the majority of the people who put him on the row now
say he is innocent and many implicate one of the other witnesses as
the actual killer. Now that a date has been set, we cannot relent. We
must redouble our efforts.

Thank you. Please act quickly and forward this message to all who
believe the justice system defeats itself when it allows a man to be
executed amid so much doubt.

Ben

Benjamin Todd Jealous
President and CEO
NAACP

Troy Davis Case: Part One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH4IpmJl6M&NR=1

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/
5SH4IpmJl6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy Davis Case: Part Two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajDmdDl-FhM&feature=relmfu

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/
ajDmdDl-FhM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy Davis Case: Part Three:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mcraX7yq_0&feature=relmfu

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/
9mcraX7yq_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy Davis Case: Part Four:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJxudiudK4c&feature=relmfu

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/
BJxudiudK4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

www.justicefortroy.org

Here are the mailing addresses for both the Bd. of Pardons and the
Georgia Gov. for folks who will write snail mail appeals for Troy Davis.

Mailing Addresses:

State Board of Pardons and Paroles
2 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, SE
Suite 458, Balcony Level, East Tower