[Marxism] The Australian: OWS spreads to Australia

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:51:53 MDT 2011

Nick, this is one of my very favourite Monty Python scenes - Blessed are the
cheese makers indeed. I live in a world made up of misunderstandings like
that.- my hearing and my accent have made a wonderful combination over the
years.

Now at the bottom of this issue is the serious one of how to relate to a
movement.  There is an objective dislike and at times hatred of Leninists
and their party building practices. Anarchists push this and I have had to
endure my fair share of the criticism over the years. But we have often put
the interests of the sect above that of the movement. there is no doubting
that at all.

However what is important is that a new layer of young people want to have
ago. They won't have the right line or even the smart line but they are
having a go and we should not approach them with our neuroses or our
reductionism.  I have found it to be a very worthy exercise going through
the videos and listening carefully to what people have to say.  Incidentally
I find that a lot easier than reading blog comments.

When people actually take the trouble to go out to a demo then they are
worth listening to.
And who knows?  hey we might actually learn something!

comradely

regards

Gary