[Marxism] The Australian: OWS spreads to Australia

Nick Fredman nick.fredman at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 13 22:08:22 MDT 2011

Gary:

>>Having said that despite my hearing problems I would not make a big fuss
about this. The repeating the speeches shortens them and that is generally a
good thing.<<

Well I'm not going to jump up and down and denounce anyone but in the absence of  cop restrictions on free speech I would
think an open mic, a two minute speaking limit and a nice clean PA would make a lot more sense. Around 1990-91 I lived and
studied and did a campus radio show with a guy who paid his way through uni with work at a big sound hire place. His staff
discounts and freely-given expertise were a great help to many a fund-raiser and rally, and I used to enjoy helping him out. The
skilled sound engineer has an important and honourable role in the movement.

And Monty Python pointed out a potential major problem with the eschewal of amplification http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=-xLUEMj6cwA