[Marxism] Rapper Pablo Hasél arrested by the Spanish state for condoning terrorism.

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 6 08:03:21 MDT 2011

(From a Spanish subscriber)

Here's the news item in English:
http://en.firatnews.org/index.php?rupel=article&nuceID=3233

He got arrested for saluting in one of his songs a member of
GRAPO, an RAF-like group that was active in the Spanish state
during the 80s or so, and who is still in jail. GRAPO stands for
First of October Antifascist Resistance Groups. He has been
released, but the charges stand.

Quoting from an interview at the kaosenlared website (I've cleaned
up the English some):

"It is incredible to brand people as criminals who spent 30 years
in prison because they have chosen to dedicate their entire life
to the fight against a genocidal system. One can be opposed to
armed struggle, but please .... Grapo did not bombed hospitals and
schools as the yankee empire. Instead, if you are a PP (Popular
Party) member who supports genocide in the East well you are
considered a hero and a great man. However, if you do not condemn
Grapo you are branded a terrorist of the worst kind. We live in an
upside-down world, where the worst is accepted and justice and
resistance to barbarity get punished.
In short, the feast of capitalism. As Malcolm X said: the means of
manipulation act so that the masses end up loving their oppressors
and condemning those who oppose them."

If you like hip-hop and you understand Spanish, you may like his
music. It's overtly political, and often advocates direct action.

Some examples:
No me da pena tu tiro en la nuca:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMULHuz_cU
La misma historia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeImXJBXekY