[Marxism] Occupy Wall Street

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sat Oct 1 03:00:42 MDT 2011

> Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
> Posted on September 30, 2011 by NYCGA

   I think this is an excellent revolutionary manifesto.

   Reminded me spontaneously of the US Declaration of Independence, and of
the famous "Manifesto of the Communist Party" by that Charly Marx and his
good friend Frederick E.

Fred Feldman (ffeldman at verizon.net) wrote on 2011-09-30 at 22:40:20 in
about [Marxism] Occupy Wall Street:

> This brings me to the question of whether experienced leftists should press
> them to make concrete demands - in the long run, I think there is no way
> around this.  But I  don't think that the experienced leftists (whose
> experiences are a mixed bag in today's circumstances) should make this a
> fight issue today.

  Certainly not a fight, and not press.

  Though I would propose two demands to be advanced:

1) Nationalisation of the banks and all financial sector, as the only way to
cope with the debt crisis (which is at its bottom a profit crisis of the actual
material production, and which can only be made worse by blowing up the
debt bubble even more by putting more money in the banks in order to "save"
them);

2) Opening of the books, i.e. the actual financial book-keeping of the
corporations.
    This can be done very simply seen the level of computerization and
means of remote access to nearly every computer system via the Internet.
Compare today's possibilities with what Lenin explained in 1917 in his
excellent pamphlet about "The coming crisis and how to cope with it", or how
it might be titled in English (look up the 'Marxism' internet archive).

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany