[Marxism] "Tektonic plates are moving. The world order is at stake": NATO Gen.Secr. on Egypt

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Fri Feb 4 12:27:41 MST 2011

  Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Secretary General of NATO, today at the
yearly "Munich Security conference":

  "As I speak, fast-moving events are unfolding in Egypt, Tunisia,
and elsewhere in the Middle East and North Africa. The outcome of
this turmoil remains unclear, its long-term consequences
unpredictable. But one thing we know: old certainties no longer hold,
tectonic plates are shifting.

At stake today is not just the world economy, but the world order. So
why, now of all times, should Europe conclude that it no longer needs
to invest in defence?

This trend has long-term consequences - and they are not hard to
imagine."

   Full text of the speech at
> <http://www.securityconference.de/Rasmussen-Anders-Fogh.620+M53db17c337d.0.html?&L=1>

Yours,