[Marxism] "The US to Gaza Initiative and the Hillel Controversy at Rutgers"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 03:31:24 MST 2010

I also attended this event, and must register a friendly objection to
Kumar's account: Well over 150-200 people were present. If I have any skill
whatsoever at estimating crowds (and if the administrators I chatted with
about the room's capacity weren't telling me boldfaced lies), the attendance
was closer to 350-400.

My favorite moment of the evening was when two administration staff dropped
by the US Boat to Gaza table, where a couple of us were doing a brisk
business in T-shirts, to offer us a lock box they were sure we had asked to
borrow for our unequivocally Gaza-bound proceeds. (Our response: "Not us,
and no thanks!")

--
lytlað."