[Marxism] A serious question

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Jul 7 17:38:48 MDT 2010

On Wed, July 7, 2010 7:32 pm, Gary MacLennan wrote:

> I have thought long and hard about the problems of liberals.  Recently I
> read a piece by Andrew Collier where he said that when he began to write
> about liberalism he thought of them as the natural ally of Marxists, but
> he
> came to the opposite conclusion when he looked closely at what they
> believed.

This has been my trajectory as well. But for me, the great problem
with liberals is their love of institutions and process. Liberals
*adore* that hideously reactionary institution, the Supreme Court,
for example.

Liberals tut-tut about the bad things our rulers do. They're not
depraved people. But on the other hand, they hate and fear the mob.
And in fact the mob is our only hope.

--

Michael J. Smith
mjs at smithbowen.net