[Marxism] David Noble: Live Like Him!

Jay Moore pieinsky at igc.org
Fri Dec 31 10:48:36 MST 2010

Yes, what a terrible shame.  There are too few people like him in
academia.  Most academics, I've found, while they may talk some liberal
talk or "discourse" about the social responsibility of intellectuals.
Really of the problem rather than part of the solution.  Cogs in what
Althusser called the "Ideological State Apparatus," which they certainly
don't want to dismantle.  Among other things, Noble wrote an insightful
little book published by Monthly Review Press on the "Digital Diploma
Mills" i.e., online education, which I think about as I'm toiling away
in those lonely trenches myself.

jay