[Marxism] Che Assange

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 08:05:51 MST 2010

Yeah, if I was religious, I'd call it blasphemy. 'Cause, Damn!
However, a more serious question is, How does one characterize Julian Assange? His actions have been revolutionary, so, it is not as important his motivations or his class background (unless, of course, those motivations and class background end up blunting his actions). I have, of course, followed Wikileaks. It is a great force for political freedom in its simplicity to reveal imperialist government designs at controlling messages and promoting their policies by "hook and crook". Is there any "balance sheet" appraisal that examines Wikileaks and Assange?