[Marxism] Write to the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture re: PFC Bradley Manning

Terry Burke terrence.finnerty at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:58:26 MST 2010

To all who are concerned about the torture of US prisoners, both domestic
and foreign. In particular, to those who are concerned about the case of PFC
Bradley Manning.

I have been looking for an International legal body to whom I could address
my concerns about the United States government's illegal practices regarding
torture of detainees and prisoners.

I am pleased to have found that the United Nations High Commissioner on
Human Rights Special Rapporteur on Torture provides an avenue for
individuals to report potential cases for their consideration. The Special
Rapporteur has a process for receiving and processing complaints via their
website.

All who feel they have evidence are invited to submit it using a model form
which is available here:

[http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/torture/rapporteur/model.htm]

You can send in the form by post or email:

Urgent appeals' address:

Special Rapporteur on Torture
c/o Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
United Nations Office at Geneva
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Switzerland

E-mail: urgent-action at ohchr.org

I have sent my form via email, which example (with notes and references) can
be viewed on my Facebook page here:
[http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150364405495078&id=1195370212]

I urge all my friends to take similar action in order to stop the torture of
PFC Manning and all victims of US torture.

Thank you.
Terrence Finnerty Burke Willard
San José, Costa Rica