[Marxism] Marx Male (shocking words!)

Pat Costello pt_costello at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 20:46:15 MDT 2009

Hello Cherie!

Solidarity, sister! Nice to know you are here.

I think there is some interesting information here and I am happy to contribute occasionally but in my view, Marx Male is largely a boys club. One-upsmanship, snarkiness, constant insults, and even posters with somewhat pornographic names (milongonsinga): hardly a place where women feel comfortable, is it? There are some decent brothers here, however. I don't want to tar them all with the same brush.

What is the answer to the fact that this is a very male dominated site? Start a site that is only for women? Not very marxist. Demand that the men here be more sensitive to women's issues? I have a job, a family and a half dozen other projects: I simply have neither the time nor energy to engage with people who are probably not interested in the first place. I guess we will just have to wait until the revolution.

best regards,

Pat