[Marxism] The "turn to industry" of the 70s and 80s

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Sat May 16 21:34:39 MDT 2009

Actually, these statistics from the 2008 election don't tell us that
white voters in these low income, low education categories mostly
opposed Obama.  They were the group that sat out the election in the
highest proportions last time, a category blacks tended to occupy..

While I think that blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama "without
illusions," the poorer whites without illusions basically didn't vote.
 This is an important racial difference, of course, but not the most
important.

The whites with real wealth and clout concern me because they've been
relentless, cynical hate mongers.  People like those oil money Texas
Republicans talking about secession should be concerning us.

ML