[Marxism] Roxana Saberi: Journalist, Not Spy

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed May 13 20:12:28 MDT 2009

I disagree with JB on many, many, many things.   And I haven't been slack in
calling him out on those disagreements.

And I think JB and I also agree on some things-- like the centrality of
immigrant labor to any and all prospects for actual class struggle in the
US.

But all that aside, JB is correct in pointing out the connections of
Reporters Without Borders to official US agencies, and in this misdirection
based on "journalistic freedom."

We're supposed to what? "tsk, tsk"  Iran's imprisonment of Roxana Saberi as
not being in accordance with the US Bill of Rights or democratic freedoms
when in fact the US has funded covert operations of sabotage, terrorism,
assasination in Iran?

 You have to be kidding me.