[Marxism] US arms shipment for Israel stopped in Greece (was: Greek protests/US Arms shipments)

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sat Jan 17 13:54:19 MST 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:17:53 -0500, sobuadhaigh at hushmail.com wrote:

> (I just read this and wanted to pass some good news along. This
> will ar leat delay the next batch of high explosives and white
> phosphorus.)

  unfortunately the subject line selected by you did not tell the reader that
the protests were successful, that's why I didn't read it. A general call to all:
make your subject line meaningful, because that is the main and in many
cases only criterion for deciding if the message will be read or not.

  Here is a newspaper account:

<http://www.khaleejtimes.com/darticlen.asp?xfile=data/middleeast/2009/Janu
ary/middleeast_January342.xml&section=middleeast>

  BTW, at the anti-war demonstration today in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, it
was mentioned that it was again a German ship which was supposed to carry
the arms to Israel.

  The message by the PFLP should be available here:

<http://www.pflp.ps/english/?q=urgent-call-greek-people-block-shipment-u
s-arms-is>

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms