[Marxism] ONGOING COVERAGE OF ISRAEL'S WAR ON GAZA:

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 15:39:50 MST 2008

UPDATE FROM THE
ELECTRONIC INTIFADA

_http://electronicIntifada.ne_ (http://electronicIntifada.ne)

ONGOING  COVERAGE OF ISRAEL'S WAR ON  GAZA:
http://electronicintifada.net/bytopic/687.shtml

PALESTINE  : OPINION/EDITORIAL:

FALLING INTO THE MORAL ABYSS
By Titus North, The  Electronic Intifada, 30 December 2008

It does Israelis no more good to  control Palestinian land,
exploit its resources, and inflict misery on its  people
than it did the US any good to do the same to Iraqis. Most
of us  know that the crimes our country committed in Iraq
were detrimental to our  future, so why would we support
the Israeli government when it engages in the  same
self-destructive behavior. My question to Israel's
"friends" in US  Congress would be, "is that what friends
are for?" Titus North comments for  The Electronic  Intifada.

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10073.shtml

PALESTINE  : DEVELOPMENT:

ISRAELI ELECTIONEERING WITH BOMBS
By Jonathan Cook,  The Electronic Intifada, 30 December 2008

Of the three politicians who  announced the military
assault on Gaza to the world on Saturday, perhaps only  the
outgoing Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert has little to
lose -- or  gain -- from its outcome. Flanking the Israeli
prime minister were two of the  main contenders for his
job: Tzipi Livni, the foreign minister and the new  leader
of Olmert's centrist party, Kadima, and Ehud Barak, the
defense  minister and leader of the left-wing Labor Party.
The attack on Gaza may make  or break this pair's political
fortunes as they jostle for position against  Benjamin
Netanyahu's right-wing party, Likud, before a general
election  little more than a month away. Jonathan  Cook
analyzes.

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10074.shtml

PALESTINE  : ACTIVISM NEWS:

UNION URGES IMMEDIATE BOYCOTT FOLLOWING GAZA UNIVERSITY  BOMBING
Appeal, Palestinian Federation of Unions of University Professors  and
Employees, 30 December 2008

The Palestinian Federation of Unions of  University
Professors and Employees condemns in the strongest
possible  terms the bombing of the campus of the Islamic
University in Gaza. This  wanton destruction of an academic
institution is only the latest in the  ongoing lethal
campaign launched by the Israeli government and  army
against Palestinian society in the Gaza  Strip.

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10075.shtml

PALESTINE  : HUMAN RIGHTS:

ISRAELI SHELLING BADLY DAMAGES HUMAN RIGHTS OFFICES
Press release, Gaza Community Mental Health Programme, 30 December 2008

At about 1:50am Tuesday, 30 December 2008, Israeli F-16
fighter jets  shelled a Palestinian police site in Gaza,
which is 70 meters away from the  Gaza Community Mental
Health Programme's (GCMHP) main building in Sheikh  Ejleen
on Gaza Beach. The shelling was part of the vicious
military  attacks that the Israeli army launched on Gaza
starting 27 December 2008.  This harsh shelling caused
massive destruction in the GCMHP's main  building.

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10072.shtml