[Marxism] GP entrails [In defense of Harrington and American Menshevism]

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:07:42 MST 2008

I read a copy of "The Lesser Evil?" recently.  My own heart and soul is with
Camejo, but I believe that Harrington, despite his indefensible support of
Israel, his claims that "Robert F. Kennedy was the last great hope for
America" (or something like that) and my own symphatizes with the national
liberation movements that the editors of "Dissent" loved to decry, *he was
fundamentally correct in his analysis of the American political system.*

In the 1960s I probably would have been with the SWP or maybe further left,
but given the situation today I don't see any other alternative but
combining the building of non-electoral social organization and movements
with battling for power in the Democratic Party sphere.

  Jack Barnes likes to sue (living in New York City is expensive), but I
doubt he can do much if its put up on a foreign server.