[Marxism] The Madoff Victims: Schadenfreude, Not Anti-Semitism

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 27 01:27:07 MST 2008

Philip Dunn wrote:
> The posting by Daniel McGowan / December 22nd, 2008 seems to have
> vanished. Thank Goodness for the Google Cache!

There may be a reason why the message has vanished. As I wrote yesterday
Daniel McGowan fishes in very murky waters associating himself with
Holocaust deniers and even open Nazis. Not every anti-Zionist is
acceptable as an ally for Marxists. Below is what I posted yesterday:

> Dbachmozart at aol.com wrote:
>> >

>> > by Daniel McGowan / December 22nd, 2008
>> >
> It has been brought to my attention that Daniel McGowan and his
> organisation "Deir Yassin Remembered" fish in very murky waters. I quote
> from a message posted by Tony Greenstein, a British anti-Zionist
> activist, on another list:
>
>> > McGowan is the the Executive Director of an organisation called Deir
>> > Yassin Remembered.  Except it isn't very good at remembering Deir Yassin.
>> > instead it has collected together a bunch of anti-Semites, holocaust
>> > deniers and other misfits such as Paul Eisen, Jeff Blankfort, Israel
>> > Shamir etc.  Anti-Zionist Israelis such as Jeff Halper, Lea Tsemel and
>> > Michael Warshawski resigned in protest at these developments some years ago.
>> >
>> > McGowan himself visited last year Ernst Zundel, a notorious neo-Nazi
>> > revisionist in prison in Germany for holocaust denial (I don't want to get
>> > into a debate about whether hd'ers should be imprisoned - my view is they
>> > shouldn't - but I wouldn't visit these sick dogs) when there are thousands
>> > of asylum seekers unjustly imprisoned if he was really looking for someone
>> > to visit.
>
> I hope that will be the last post of an article by McGowan that we'll
> see on this list.

Nothing has appeared to make me change my mind and I hipe the reposting
will also be removed from the archive.

Einde O'Callaghan