[Marxism] National Assembly call for March 21 is important positive step

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Dec 20 10:51:18 MST 2008

On Dec 20, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Fred Feldman wrote:

> An excellent call!
A typical "excellent" pacifist circle jerk!  At the moment when the
last redoubt of the organized working class, the autoworkers and their
union, are under all out assault they talk about--Afghanistan.   As if
anyone cares,  as if the people of Afghanistan would be any better off
being killed by Taliban axes rather than US bombs.  And all that
without even advancing, however futilely, the one policy that would
make a real difference to the Afghans--legalization of poppy
production and centralized purchase of their crops at 3x market price.
> Obamaism is not the new McCarthyism.
Correct.  Obama is the new Blairism, not the new McCarthyism  The
proportion is exact:  Obama is to Reagan as Blair was to Thatcher.
Obama put it precisely:  "they" want to hit the auto workers
"disproportionately"  but I will hit them "proportionately."

Shane Mage