[Marxism] Gays love a parade?

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Fri Dec 19 14:00:09 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 10:29 -0500, Louis Proyect wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/18/AR2008121802788.html
>
> Obama's Inaugural Mistake
> By Joe Solmonese
> Friday, December 19, 2008; A35
>
> It is difficult to comprehend how our president-elect, who has been so
> spot on in nearly every political move and gesture, could fail to grasp
> the symbolism of inviting an anti-gay theologian to deliver his
> inaugural invocation. And the Obama campaign's response to the anger
> about this decision? Hey, we're also bringing a gay marching band. You
> know how the gays love a parade.

It isn't just about Gays either. Warren is anti-abortion. I just got a
blast from the email list of NOW in NY State on the issue.

By promoting Warren, Obama and the Democratic Party are changing the
nature of the inauguration  from a celebration of human rights in the
ascendancy of an African-American to the top office in the land, to a
celebration of the black community as just another interest group to
be given a bone and some crumbs from the cake.

More and more, the Obama presidency is looking like the most
conservative Democratic administration ever. Not to mention looking like
a Condoleeza Rice administration.

That rally election night in Chicago seems like an century ago.

Jon Flanders