[Marxism] Senate to Middle Class: Drop Dead ...a message from Michael Moore

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Dec 12 19:00:18 MST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:48:00 -0800 Eli Stephens
<elishastephens at hotmail.com> writes:

> Walter: "(As usual, an excellent explanation in plain English with
> zero leftoid rhetoric but in such a language that ordinary working
> people can perfectly well understand.)"
>
> Moore certainly has some nice formulations. Unfortunately he blunts
> his argument by placing 100% of the blame on the Republicans and 0%
> on the Democrats; this in face of such Democratic leaders as Nancy
> Pelosi talking about "giving the workers a haircut"
> (http://lefti.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#9033646864339592480)

> and Harry Reid accepting a "loss" when "only" 51 Senators supported
> an agreement, allowing a whopping 35 (!) Republicans to "win" the
> debate by pretending, as he has over and over, that the Republicans
> were capable of, and would have, filibustered indefinitely and that
> therefore without 60 votes "nothing can be done."

What good is a Democratic Party unless it can sell out its
working class constitutents?

I suspect that we will see a deal done in January after
the new Congress and president take office, by which
time they no doubt will have browbeaten the UAW
into making all sort of concessions.

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/farmelantj%40juno.com