[Marxism] Financial crisis not related to overaccumulation

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 8 15:42:34 MST 2008

Guava Tree (!) wrote:
>Harfield seems to imply that if capitalists were more manly and rugged and
>willing to get dirty in the production process, where surplus value is
>created, then this crisis would have been averted. capitalists to him are
>tree-hugger wusses who don't know a jot about the gritty truth of value
>creation.

I actually didn't read Jim's article carefully but obviously this
business about capitalist wusses is dyed-in-the-wool Spiked online
stuff. When they were the RCP, you would see arguments like Jim's in
their magazine LM but after they morphed into libertarians, they
dropped the Marxism stuff altogether and nowadays sound like Atlas
Shrugged. If I find some time, I might dig into the overaccumulation
question by looking at Anwar's articles.