[Marxism] Kettle of hawks

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:52:01 MST 2008

My last post for the day.  Marking beckons.  Gawd how I hate it.

Mark, who I now count as an ally in this debate because he keeps telling me
he is one,  writes:

As to the illusions of those that voted for Obama because they
believed it was a vote against the war or because they thought his
being black would mean something for African Americans, they are not
simply "dangerous."  Like the 1964 illusions that elected LBJ to keep
us out of the Vietnam War, mass illusions can provide a rapid and
explosive fuel for the growth of a movement.
My response: Yes people can wake up from illusions. Very true and the
historical example is a good one and an important  source of hope.   But
that is not an argument for spreading or tolerating or keeping silent in the
face of illusions.

comradely regards

Gary