[Marxism] Once again on the ANC betrayal of South Africa's poor.

Tom Cod tcod at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:56:01 MST 2008

> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:15:34 -0800
> From: aaron at mylists.fastmail.fm
> Subject: Re: [Marxism] Once again on the ANC betrayal of South Africa's poor.
> To: tcod at hotmail.com
>
> Tom Cod keeps ignoring my essential point, which is that the end of formal apartheid in South Africa happened AS PART OF A DEAL, made BEHIND THE BACKS OF THE BLACK MASSES,  that STABILIZED (white) CAPITALIST DOMINATION and actually INTENSIFIED the EXPLOITATION of the Black working class, thus BETRAYING the very struggle that made the deal necessary for the white capitalists.

NO IT WASN'T, YOU'Re FULL OF IT! IT WAS A HISTORIC VICTORY THAT SET THE STAGE FOR FURTHER ADVANCES, JUST LIKE THE
END OF SLAVERY, THE ABOLITION OF SEGREGATION IN THIS COUNTRY and so forth.  Obviously you don't know very much
about what the real conditions under apartheid actually were.  it was in essence a bourgois democratic revolution that
liberated the masses from the shackles of semi-slavery and set the stage for further struggle.