[Marxism] Antiwar protests

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jan 27 16:35:06 MST 2007

I couldn't make to Washington today but NBC news gave more air time
to the protest tonight than any I have seen in over 3 years
probably.  It was linked to news of Bush's declining popularity--now
at 30 percent. And 67 percent of the people polled say that he
operates on his own beliefs rather than the facts. It is too bad that
ANSWER and UFPJ can't work together but I think that it might be just
fine if ANSWER can turn out similar numbers a couple of months from
now. It also argues forcibly for the need to keep protesting no
matter the size of the demo. When tens of thousands of people turn
out for a protest in Washington, a news media that has already begun
to line up with the bourgeois opposition will find a good excuse to
turn up the heat.