[Marxism] Lula boasts of taking tough line on Bolivia

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Sep 25 03:42:38 MDT 2006

> Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:38:58 -0400
> From: dwalters at marxists.org
> Subject: Re: [Marxism] Lula boasts of taking tough line on Bolivia
> petro
>  issues; puts off settlement till after election
> To: marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu
> Marxists should be on the side of
> the working class of both Bolivia and Brazil, and if it means standing
> up for the *national soveriegnity* of Bolivia, then we should. One
> can't stand up for Bolivia's nationalization decree (as Walter
> correctly did) and back up Citizen Lula *against* Bolivia.

[...]

> ...Clearly Lula's understanding of
> "Latin American Integration" is one that is dominated by the interests
> of Brazilian capitalism. He will not stand up to his own capitialists,
> unlike Evo Morales, who has called on his supporters to arm themselves
> against HIS capitalists. I know which side I'm on.

As a general rule of thumb, I agree with David.

But we should be very careful, I insist:  there _is_ internal
struggle in the Brazilian government between the line that emphasizes
a _good_ relation with Bolivia, Paraguay et al. (the people who
follow Darc Costa, now advisor of Chávez on Latin American
integration and the man who conceived the mega gas-pipeline from Vnzl
to Buenos Aires) and the line that emphasizes "unity on Brazilian
bourgeoisie's -that is, São Paulo imperialist-hegemonized bourgeoisie-
 terms".

Please take into account that in principle, unless directly harmed,
not even Andrés Soliz Rada has attacked _Lula_ or _Brazil_, but
_Petrobras_.  The devil is in the details, dear cdes.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]