[Marxism] Hezbollah rally in the Times

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 19:18:47 MDT 2006

Go to
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todayspaper/index.html#Front%20Page
and then click on "Enlarge this image."
It still doesn't do justice to the impact of the hard copy, holding it in your hands in the morning and seeing the rally picture filling most of the top fold of the paper.
I pointed it out approvingly to the guy I get my morning paper from. He said "what are they celebrating?" I said kicking Israel out of their country. This started two older white guys in the store -- one a Vietnam vet -- talking about how Israel dropped cluster bombs and did other criminal stuff, and agreed when I said the US did the same. The vet said it was the same in Vietnam, and the other guy started talking about how they're still covering up Agent Orange. He was really morally outraged.
It's not often you get such satisfaction from the Times (even if it's really thanks to Nasrallah et al.!
P.S. The Times'  Quotation of the Day: "Not a single army in the world will be able to dismantle our resistance. No army in the world will be able to make us drop the weapons from our hands."   HASSAN NASRALLAH,  the leader of Hezbollah, at a mass rally in Beirut.