[Marxism] Re: Obrador throwing in the towel?

Wayne S. Rossi felianan at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 16 07:18:44 MDT 2006

--- Joaquin Bustelo <jbustelo at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Yes, by all means, go in their with both barrels of crtiticism of
> AMLO as a bourgeois politician blazing. This will not only preserve
> the American left's purity about México, but it will also help reduce
> any tendency on the part of Mexican immigrants to take seriously
> anyone on the U.S. left.

Yes, that's *exactly* what I said, isn't it?  Except it's not; I
specifically said that the need is not to "go in with both barrels
blazing" at AMLO.  Yes, people have illusions about capitalist
politicians; that's how life is.  And when engaging immigrants who feel
strongly on the side of AMLO, it's important not to just dismiss their
opinions.  But this is a *Marxist* list, and it's not the job of
Marxists to coddle people's ideas about bourgeois politicians; we
should challenge them, and be able to engage in honest debate over the
issue without being sectarian and arrogant about it.

Honestly, I find your rancid bitterness toward the American left just
as loathsome as the worst sectarianism.  Happily, you're in Solidarity,
where the organizational allergy to leadership means that there is
little or no chance of anything serious being disrupted.

 - Wayne