[Marxism] Re: What do _I_ mean by Fascism here?,

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Sep 3 12:24:13 MDT 2006

Respuesta a:"[Marxism] Re: What do _I_ mean by Fascism here?,"
Enviado por:hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Con fecha:3 Sep 2006, a las 12:25

> I am curious to understand if you are saying that making alliances for
> 'democracy' versus 'fascist' reprsentatives - is an inappropriate
> strategy?

In Latin America (and most probably elsewhere) "democracy" is the
trade mark for "US imperialism".  Thus, "democratic revolutions" in
Eastern Europe, the "Unión Democrática" in Argentina (1945), the
"União Democratica Nacional" (UDN) in Brazil by same times, and
scores of other pro-imperialist formations or alliances call
themselves "democratic".

More usual than not, "leftists" (not all of them, but most) in L.A.
have sided with the pro-imperialist camp against national-popular (or
national-democratic in our own words) regimes and administrations
because they were "Fascist".

The "Democratic Union" is, in fact, a historical category
encompassing all those who, knowingly or not, support imperialism
against the necessities and wishes of their own country.  It is the
nickname of "Party of Imperialism", and it has a left, a center and a
right wing.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar