[Marxism] Will the Next Election Be Hacked?

Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista mqduck at sonic.net
Sun Oct 1 20:19:43 MDT 2006

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/01/2141222
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/11717105/robert_f_kennedy_jr__will_the_next_election_be_hacked/1

 From tech news site Slashdot:

plasmacutter writes to let us know about the new article by Robert F.
Kennedy Jr. in Rolling Stone, following up on his "Was the 2004 Election
Stolen?" (slashdotted here). Kennedy recounts the sorry history of
electronic voting so far in this country — and some of the incidents
will be new even to this clued-in crowd. (Had you heard about the CERT
advisory on an undocumented backdoor account in a Diebold
vote-tabulating database — crediting Black Box Voting?) Kennedy's
reporting is bolstered by the accounts of a Diebold insider who has gone
on record with his concerns. From the article: 'Chris Hood remembers the
day in August 2002 that he began to question what was really going on in
Georgia... "It was an unauthorized patch, and they were trying to keep
it secret from the state," Hood told me. "We were told not to talk to
county personnel about it. I received instructions directly from
[president of Diebold election unit Bob] Urosevich...' According to
Hood, Diebold employees altered software in some 5,000 machines in
DeKalb and Fulton counties, the state's largest Democratic strongholds.
The tally in Georgia that November surprised even the most seasoned
political observers. (Hint: Republicans won.)