[Marxism] Privileged workers, etc.

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Feb 19 00:01:15 MST 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:18 Feb 2006, a las 17:51

> To Nestors's concern that I am slandering him by misrepresenting his
> position on privilege of workers in imperialized countries, I would
> like to provide the following:
>

> August 30 2005:
> "That is a very usual thing in semicolonial countries:  some of the
> workers in the imperialist-dominated sector of the economy begin a
> struggle that they win, then they manage to grab a larger share of
> surplus capital than the rest, become privileged as regards the whole
> country, and turn out to become pro-imperialist "Left wing" workers.
>
> Oh, yes, I know them very well.  And although I will always support
> them against imperialism, I know that in the end they may become -as
> they did in Venezuela recently- a mainstay of counter-revolution.
>
> Is it clear enough?"

I am describing a situation, I am not claiming that these workers can
not be brought together with their comrades.  On the other hand,
workers on such firms use to share the prejudices of their masters
against their fellow countrypeople.  That is why it is not them who
head revolutionary movements in the periphery.  I am not talking of a
"privilege" in the sense that they rob their own comrades, but of an
objective situation which bears on their consciousness very heavily.

I am sure RR man can understand this obvious fact.  Being working
class is no vaccine against conservatism.  Rather on the contrary,
particularly if the reserve army is many times larger than the
working class itself.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar