[Marxism] Misreadings

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Feb 14 05:44:43 MST 2006

Hello, RR man, yes, here I am again.

I will receive your answer fully with the next digest.

But in the meantime, just snipping a paragraph from Marxmail's
"latest 100" (this is a uniquely excellent service that I don't know
how can one copy elsewhere!), I would like to prevent a
misunderstanding.

You write:

"Nestor's history of Bolivia is pretty much bunk-- in that the Chaco
War "hardly forged bonds of unity between the Bolivian military and
the indigenous population."

What I said will sound even more weird to you.  What I said is that
the Chaco War forged, for the first time, bonds of unity between the
Bolivian masses as such.  On the battlefields of that oil-company-
sponsored tragedy, Bolivians of every corner of the country met for
the first time, and the young officers discovered in their own flesh
and bones the limitations (to put it easily) of the oligarchic
leadership.

Thus, modern Bolivia as a whole, and not the alliance between
nationalist military and popular masses -which appeared later on-
discovered itself as a potential possibility in the Chaco war.

BTW:  the Chaco War triggered a national democratic military movement
in Paraguay also, and it gave life to same of the masterpieces of
Bolivian and Paraguayan literature.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar