[Marxism] Munich

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 15 13:19:30 MST 2006

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't get through my Netflix dvd of Stephen
Spielberg's "Munich". I put it on knowing full well that I would find the
politics reprehensible. I didn't count on it being worse as a movie.

For the first hour or so, it was the standard Arabs from Mars fare, not as
bad as a Bruce Willis movie but pretty bad all the same. Black September
bursts into the Olympics dormitory of the Israeli athletes and takes them
as hostage, gunning down several in the process. It is cinematically akin
to the opening scene of a science fiction movie when a flying saucer fires
its death ray at an approaching earthling carrying a white flag.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2006/12/15/munich/

--

www.marxmail.org