[Marxism] re: Some comments on Stan Goff's post

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 5 21:05:16 MST 2005

Hmmh, declining arc?  Panthers?  DRUM-LRBW?  San Francisco State?  Post
Office Strike?  Jefferson Avenue?

The decline was most definitely not a result of appeasement through the
Voting Rights Act, which is what you stated earlier.  There was
organized assaults on leadership;  specific assaults on black militant
organizations; and the  overall general assault on the workers in urban,
industrial areas.   That's what turned the movement back.  Not the
granting of "bourgeois democratic rights."

Losing it all kept "heads down" in the 80s and 90s?  What are you
talking about?  1979-1993 saw real, serious declines in real wages,
living standards of black Americans, marching in downward lockstep with
financial arson of the OPEC/leveraged buy out crowd.    This was
systematic class warfare, the bourgeoisie on the offensive.  Something
that didn't really let up in 1993, despite the increased capital
investment, productivity, and wages.

That ain't no horse you're beating.

rr