[Marxism] Bibliographies on Sexuality in Cuba and the Middle East

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 17 13:06:27 MDT 2004

Walter wrote:

>If you have a fast connection you can scan through CubaNews list and
>find a fair amount of material on this. I also wrote a long list and
>sent it in to Marxmail last time John O'Briend rehashed his old
>grievances.
>
>Perhaps if you put "Walter Lippmann and homosexuality at CubaNews
>list" you might find such things. It's been  on my perennial "to do"
>list for ages. You might also enjoy Ian Lumsden's Machos, Maricones
>and Gays, a very critical but objective study of the topic.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Alas, I have only a dial-up connection
at home, but CubaNews's and Marxmail's archives are public, so Google
searches with keywords like Walter Lippmann, Cuba, Sexuality should
pick up CubaNews postings as well.

I'd love to have annotated bibliographies of books, articles, and
movies about sexualities in Cuba and the Middle East, with emphasis
on works produced by leftists.  Such bibliographies should be very
useful for activists, as the power elite have become more and more
interested in exploiting the question of sexuality for their
imperialist purposes, often to the detriment of the very gay men and
lesbians whose welfare they profess to care about.
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>
* Calendars of Events in Columbus: