[Marxism] Kucinich and his role

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:42:18 MDT 2004

Not that this will be a surprise to anyone here...

>From The Hill (http://thehill.com/news/060904/kucinich.aspx):

As he continues his quixotic campaign for the Democratic presidential
nomination, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) is positioning himself as the man
who can protect Sen. John Kerry's (D-Mass.) left flank from Ralph Nader.

"It's important that Democrats know that there are people, leading
spokespersons in the party, for peace, for civil liberties, for healthcare,
fair trade … so that they can't say, 'The Democrats don't represent me,'"
Kucinich said in a wide-ranging interview with The Hill last week.

"Well, I'm a Democrat and I speak to those issues and I think what I'm
giving the party is an ability to bring people in who might otherwise be
inclined to not support Democrats."

Kucinich added, "Isn't it much better to have [liberal ideas] expressed
through the person of another Democrat than to have it expressed through the
person of a third-party candidate? I mean, this is where it makes a
difference, and this is where it could make all the difference in the
general election."