[Marxism] Why Does Fahrenheit 9/11 Pursue Conspiracy Theory?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Jul 10 21:28:31 MDT 2004

>I'm afraid that by the standards used to judge Michael Moore, Brecht
>is no good.  After all, nowhere in any of his poetry did he warn
>about the dangers of FDR, or the sellouts of the CP...
>
>ML

The point of making a work of art is to provide an occasion for
debates and discussions, and the point of experiencing a work of art
is to debate and discuss it critically.  The worst fate that an
artist can suffer is to be forgotten, not to have his work critically
examined from all angles.  Unfortunately, that's exactly the fate
that befalls 99.99% of works of art that have and will be produced.
Michael Moore, as well as Bertolt Brecht, is a very lucky man.
--
Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/>
* Calendars of Events in Columbus: