[Marxism] Marx as Left of the Marxists

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Mon Feb 9 22:29:03 MST 2004

Tony misread my comment that "childish minds" might confuse
stormtroopers and Marxists.  I was not saying that he had a childish
mind, but that--quite the contrary--he should know better.

...and, no, I don't think being in the SWP or being active in it makes
anybody a Marxist. It was quite common to join around specific points of
concern without membership adding a jot to one's understanding.
Everyone who spent time in the party with their eyes and ears open could
tick off story after story demonstrating this.  Obviously, Tony's having
been in the party doesn't mean that he is not a Marxist but it's no
guarantee that he is one either.

That's a matter on which our arguments would make the case or not.

Solidarity!
Mark L.