[Marxism] Re: 'Diagnosing Benny Morris": a profound view of the settler-co

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Fri Feb 6 17:02:25 MST 2004

     Am  05.02.04
schrieb  ffeldman at bellatlantic.net (Fred Feldman)
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  NHBBKJHDOLDECLFMKJFNCEPPDPAA.ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
  ueber  [Marxism] 'Diagnosing Benny Morris": a profound view of the settler-co

  Thanks to Fred Feldman for making me aware of this article and the
Benny Morris Interview.

FF> In anticipation of the publication of the revised edition, Morris was
FF> interviewed in Haaretz
FF> (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/380986.html, Hebrew original at
FF> http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/objects/pages/PrintArticle.jhtml?item
FF> N o=380119).

  The text is no longer available at that address; but you might look
here:

  http://list.haifa.ac.il/pipermail/alef/2004-January/003909.html

  It should also be noted, just of the sake of completeness, that
Benny Morris has issued a statement after the interview was published
and tried to embellish somewhat his stance, from where I quote this
paragraph:

--------- schnipp -----------------------------------------
The compression of the seven hours of my interview with Ari Shavit
into two pages did not do me justice, at least in terms of the tone.
>From a whole range of statements on different issues, the harshest
ones were chosen, sometimes without nuances or qualifications. I
admit, I slipped here and there - I do not support and did not support
the extermination of the Indians, and I regret the use of the word
"cage."

  But on the fundamental issues he still stands on "its either us or
them".

  You can read it in full here:
  http://www.imra.org.il/story.php3?id=19538

Regards,

"Die Interessen der Nation lassen sich nicht anders formulieren als unter
dem Gesichtspunkt der herrschenden Klasse oder der Klasse, die die
Herrschaft anstrebt."            - Leo Trotzki         (27. Januar 1932)