[Marxism] Vietnam Vet Bury His Only Son, Killed in Iraq: "We need to get the hell out of there."

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 31 18:57:43 MDT 2004

"M. Junaid Alam" wrote:

> If there was a real left in America, that dedicated its energy, money,
> and confidence  into spreading leftist ideas, and not fucking around,
> handwringing, and mentally masturbating every four years with Democratic
> fantasies, isn't it possible this 20 year old could have reached other
> conclusions about 9-11?

True, but not core. What we need to focus on is not the mere empirical
fact, the hegemony of the DP over most would-be leftists, but the
explanation of that fact, and then an analysis of the ways in which we
might undo it. Raving at the mere fact is itself a sort of
hand-wringing.

The hegemony of the DP should be considered as simply part of the
terrain on which we operate. Yes. How do we deal with it?

Carrol