Not a Flame tho perhaps bad tone Re: [Marxism] From M E R (Middle East Realities)

paul bunyan cutemdown2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 10:27:24 MDT 2004

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

James Daly wrote:

> I am refraining from replying to Carrol's post, and I think a similar
> abstention on the part of other listers would often save us from depressing
> flame wars. -- JD

Carrol

RE the use of IQ in the satirical anti-Bush song-When it was pointed out to Johnny Cash that his song "Folsom Prison Blues" was inconsistant because the crime ("I shot a man in Reno, etc.") was in Nevada and Folsom prison is in California, Cash replied with a smile, "artistic license". The same with this song. No sense in making a mountain out of a mole hill. We all have a hell of a lot more important things to concern ourselves with.