[Marxism] Building the revolutionary party

Lou Paulsen Loupaulsen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 19:35:21 MDT 2004

Louis Proyect writes:

I honestly seek to build an organization in the real world that is as
ideologically heterogeneous as Marxmail.

Me:
Why limit it to that?  Does Henwood have to get his own party?

BTW I correctly expected that no matter how many times I denied the point,
even in capital letters (maybe I should start using HTML and 24-pt bold?),
Proyect would continue to write as if it were a settled fact that we use
single-issue "litmus tests":

"I can't recall the Bolshevik Party utilizing the class struggle in other
countries as a litmus test. Do you think that Fidel Castro was writing
editorials on Eastern Europe in 1957?"

Which is a really peculiar thing to ask.  You're saying that we pay too much
attention to the international situation?  If Cuba had been a nuclear-armed
imperialist colossus in 1957, I bet Fidel would have been writing editorials
on a lot of international events.

Anyway I think I've made my points, the next generation will have to decide
if they held up -

Lou Paulsen