[Marxism] Re Kerry would have Gone to war

Lou Paulsen loupaulsen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 12 13:16:34 MDT 2004

Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at rogers.com> wrote:
. Chomsky was right to note, in this context, that "small
differences can have large outcomes" - and the Iraqis, Iranians, North
Koreans, and Cubans who have been in the gunsights of the Bush
administration since 2000 would probably concur, notwithstanding the
bellicose election material and campaign statements of the DP leadership
mailed to them in alarm by those who know better.

Me:

So, the Iraqis "would probably concur"?  They would if what?  DO they concur?  They aren't on the other side of the universe.  If they DID concur they probably would have said so by now.  Most of the statements I have seen from elements of the Iraqi resistance are along the lines of "U.S. get out!"  I have not yet seen the statements along the lines of "the small but significant differences between Kerry and Bush lead us, the Iraqis in the gunsights, to urge all concerned voters in the US to come out and vote Democratic this fall."

Lou Paulsen