[Marxism] mailing list memberships reminder (better format)

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sun Aug 1 15:44:41 MDT 2004

[let me try that again. Mozilla Thunderbird does some weird formatting
things]

Now is a good time to walk marxism-list subscribers throught the monthly
reminder. I just got mine in the email now. it's subject line is as
above. it starts off like this:

"""
This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your
lists.econ.utah.edu mailing list memberships.  It includes your
subscription info and how to use it to change it or unsubscribe from a
list.
"""

[snip]

and then come the goodies:

 >            Passwords for schaffer at optonline.net:

                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          THIS is the email address
                          you are subscribed under

 > List                                           Password // URL
 > ----                                           --------
 > marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu                    ithnknt

                                                 ^^^^^^^^
                                                 here is your subscription
                                                 password for THIS email
                                                 address

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/schaffer%40optonline.net

here is the URL link that you can click on to change your subscription
options, including disabling email delivery if you are leaving town for
a while, etc.

les schaffer