Seminar on Peru

Godenas at aol.com Godenas at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 16:40:45 MST 1996

I think the whole PCP/revolution in Peru is pregnant with important issues
for the marxist left; reformism v. revolution, the role of violence as an
engine for social change, trade unions and other "legal" forms of leftist
politics, the dictatorship of the proletariat, the role of "Non-Governmental
Organizations" in semi-colonial countries, the role of the Church, etc.  I
was intrigued by Leo Casey's suggestion that perhaps several recent threads
could be coalesced around new topics like violence, and, while I'm sure I
disagree with Leo on just about everything, this sounds like a worthwhile
idea.  Part of the work that I do involves not just support the MPP or the
PCP, for whom I have a great deal of respect and affection, it is also
exploring these larger issues from a marxist perspective.  What do you think?
                                                   Louis Godena