Middle strata

Chris, London 100423.2040 at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 28 01:45:58 MST 1995

Jean-Yves expressed interest in my recommendation of an earlier article on
the middle strata.

I forward the introduction only at this stage because the article is

              95 K long.

Admirably thoughtful, consciously loyal to marxism and diligent with sources,
it illustrates the possibilities and the problems of this list.

It was submitted in six parts over a couple of days. Even so, I recall
absolutely no one referring to it other than Will Brown. Systematic discussion
was impossible. IMO it ought to be in the archives, but I am a bit unsure
how to get it in the archives. (Are you receiving a copy of this message Jon? -
I would be grateful for your advice.)

More important how do we actually use pieces of this length, whether they are
in the archives or not. I confess I have not yet read Jim Miller's piece
on the falling rate of profit (TRPF etc). Apologies Jim, this list
is like trying to build sandcastles in a particularly fast running sea.
Would it help if the article were in the archives?

Jean-Yves, I can forward the 95 k to you if it won't break your machine. We
could wait for it to get up on the archives so that you can get it down, and
then if you comment and others are interested, they can get it down.

Or we could do nothing,

Or something else.

I await your response.

Salut,