Drugs AND Tendency to monopoly

Chris M. Sciabarra sciabrrc at is2.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 4 10:31:34 MST 1995

Adam raises some very good points about the legalization of drugs, which,
by the way, ties in very nicely with our growing discussion on the
"Tendency to Monopoly."  It is precisely PROHIBITIONISM which leads to
monopoly profits and cartellization in the drug industry, as it has in
every other regulated and/or black market.  The drug problem is indeed,
social, and no prohibitionism will end the scourge.  If only we'd
recognize the same tendencies at work in the rest of the economy, since
political factors are crucially important in the genesis of ALL coercive
monopolies.
					- Chris
Dr. Chris M. Sciabarra
Visiting Scholar, NYU Department of Politics
INTERNET:  sciabrrc at is2.nyu.edu
http://pages.nyu.edu/~sciabrrc